July 27, 2022: Auditor announces the release of the 2021 PAFR ReportThe 2021 PAFR (Popular Annual Financial Report) is now available for viewing on the financial page . The PAFR report provides a brief analysis of where the County revenues came from and where those dollars were spent in 2021.
June 1, 2022: Auditor Receives the CAFR and PAFR Award for Fiscal Year 2021Trumbull County Auditor has once again received an award for the CAFR (Comprehensive Annual Financial Report) and the PAFR (Popular Annual Financial Report) for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. The 'Certficate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting' received by the CAFR is the highest form of recognition in governmental accounting and financial reporting, and its attainment represents a significant accomplishment by a government and its management. The awards for the CAFR and PAFR have been for received for 13 consecutive years.
Homestead Exemption Application
The homestead exemption is a valuable tax reduction providing Trumbull County homeowners an average savings of $535 per year. With homestead, eligible homeowners receive an exemption on the first $25,000 of appraised value from taxation for a single family home. Eligible Military Veterans receive an additional exemption on the first $50,000 of appraised value from taxation for a single family home. For more information about the Homestead Exemption, download an application
APPLICATION FOR HOMESTEAD EXEMPTION
Who qualifies for the Homestead Exemption?
- Homeowners over the age of 65
- Homeowners, under the age of 65, who are permanently and totally disabled
- Military veterans who have either 1.) received a total (100%) disability rating for service-connected disabilities, or 2.) received a total (100%) disability rating for compensation for service-connected disabilities based on a determination of individual unemployability
- Homeowners already receiving the Homestead Exemption, who have recently changed residences
- Must not have a total household income over $34,600/year if applying in 2022, or $36,100/year if applying in 2023, which includes the Ohio adjusted gross income of the owner and the owner's spouse.
- Must be age 65 by December 31.
- Must own your home or manufactured home as primary place of residence as of January 1 in year of application.
- Must provide proof of age and current residency by submitting a photocopy of photo ID such as driver's license or State of Ohio ID card.
March 23, 2016: Auditor announces that Trumbull County financial information is now available online thru Ohio State Treasurer Josh Mandel's website to provide transparency in government.
The public can now view county expenditures by visiting OHIOCHECKBOOK.COM